We hope you have had a great summer enjoying some rest and relaxation. We are now into the first full week of the new school year. The routine of ‘back-to-school’ is settling down and the fall weather is beginning to show itself.
If you are new to the center – Welcome! Hopefully you are finding your feet in your new classrooms. From now through June you will receive a monthly newsletter from us containing updates and information of happenings and upcoming events. We will always have a copy for you to read on our ‘Information Board’ outside the office each month, and on our blog. The newsletter is emailed out each month as well. If you would like to receive it you can subscribe on our website. Please have comfort in knowing we do not share email addresses. They are used purely for communication with you. Also be aware that all of our events are on our online calendar, which you can find via our website at https://www.littlefrogsandpolliwogs.com/calendar/ .
September is always a busy month both in the office and the classrooms, but please know that members of staff are always here to help as you get situated in new rooms and new routines. Every classroom will have their Open House during the next few weeks (please see dates and times below). This is a great time to ask any outstanding questions you may have, meet other parents and your child’s friends.
The last communication you had from us (along with registration paperwork), included a list of our closings throughout the year. These are also posted on our noticeboard by the office for your convenience and in each classroom.
Changes around the Center – Ms. Rachel is now the lead teacher in Polliwogs, Liz is now the lead teacher in Caviar and Ms. Nadine is our lead teacher in Nursery. We would like to welcome Miss. Christine in Preschool and Miss. Jackie in Polliwogs. As many of you know Ms. Theresa left us back in April due to health reasons and it is with a heavy heart that we share sad news. Ms. Theresa passed away Saturday, September 10th quietly at home surrounded by her family. Thank you to all of you who donated to the Pancreatic Walk we did in August, to those who donated meals for the food train and those who have reached out in compassion. Her family wanted to express their thanks to all the kindness and well wishes they and Theresa received.
Scholastic Book Clubs – You will receive a Scholastic Book Club magazine next week. Please take a moment to take a look. They offer great books at great prices. What’s even better; the classrooms get books too, so the more you spend, the more the classroom benefits. Purchasing online is also available. Use our classroom activation code (H48LM) to connect to the center. Orders for September are due back next Monday, September 26th. We will have a book order going out each month throughout the academic year, along with a book fair November 14th-18th.
Reminders – Please remember to have your child here by 9:00am sharp! If you have an appointment, please let your child’s teacher know ahead of time. Curriculum begins by 9:00am in most classrooms.
Dates for the Calendar
- Tadpoles Two Bake Sale – Wednesday, September 28th –Remember to give your child 50c to get a treat for after lunch! All proceeds will go to the Tadpoles Two room.
- Columbus Day – Monday, October 10th, the center will be closed.
- School Pictures – will be taken September 29th & 30th (re-take day Oct 14th).
- September 29th – Kindergarten, Caviar & Preschool.
- September 30th – Polliwogs, Nursery, Tadpoles 1 & Tadpole 2
- Order forms and payment are due on picture day. Online proofing is available prior to re-take day. Watch for more information coming soon.
- Open House Dates –
- Caviar – TBD
- Polliwogs – Tuesday October 11th 4:00-5:00pm
- Tadpoles One – Wednesday, September 21st 3:15 -4:15pm
- Tadpoles Two – TBD
- Nursery – Wednesday, September 28th 4:00 -5:00pm
- Preschool – Thursday, October 5th 4:00 -5:00pm
- Kindergarten – Wednesday, September 28th 5:00 -6:00pm
- Upcoming Field Trips –
- Nursery – Carriage Shack Farm – TBD
- Preschool – J&F Farms – October 4th
- Kindergarten – Elwood Orchard – September 30th
- Harvest Festival –
- October 20th – watch for more details as the date comes closer