Fall keeps teasing us with its presence, but summer pops its head back up every now and then making it hard for us to dress our children appropriately every day. As we head into the cooler weather please ensure you start preparing to pack those hats, mittens and jackets; even now the early mornings can be fresh.
It is easy for us to be vigilant about the physical safeties, but what about those we cannot see? This month is Cybersecurity Awareness Month. Do you let your child use your computer or tablet? In a world where our children will most likely be more computer savvy than us, we must be aware of what we are offering up to our children. If you want to become more aware or educated in this area this is a good website to start at http://staysafeonline.org/
October kicks off the excitement of field trips for our older children. Each field trip filled with their own fall wonders. Thank you in advance to all of our chaperone/drivers, who without you these field trips would not be possible.
This week finishes our individual classroom Open House dates. We hope you all got the opportunity to get to know your child’s teacher a little better, see your child interact with their peers and learn more about the classroom and what’s in store for the year ahead.
The Parent Teacher Advisory Board is taking a different direction this year. Each monthly meeting will take on a discussion theme to help parents through the infant, toddler and early childhood years. The theme for October is ‘Falling back into good Sleeping Habits’. Join us, along with other parents in this open discussion. Learn how to survive and maybe even enjoy, bedtime. Discussions will touch on bed time schedules and routines, breaking bad habits, sleep promoting activities and optimizing the sleep environment. This is free and open to all LFP parents and guardians. Child care is provided, so if this is something you are interested in please come along Wednesday, October 21st at 5:35pm in the Kindergarten Classroom.
A big thanks to all the parents who participated in our Kidstuff fundraiser. It was a huge success again this year and we raised over $500.
Dates for the Calendar
- Kindergarten Field Trip – Tuesday, October 6th – Elwood Orchard
- Preschool Field Trip – Thursday, October 8th – J&F Farms
- Picture Days – Thursday & Friday, October 8th & 9th (re-take Oct 23rd)
- October 8th – Tadpoles, Nursery & Caviar
- October 9th – Preschool, Kindergarten & Polliwogs
- Nursery Field Trip – Friday, October 9th – Carriage Shack Farm
- Columbus Day – Monday, October 12th, the center will be closed.
- Harvest Festival – Thursday, October 29th 6:00-7:00pm – more information and sign-up sheet to follow later in the month.
- Next PTAB Meeting – Wednesday, October 21st at 5.35pm – all teachers and parents welcome.