On Tuesday, April 15th the center will be ‘purpling-up’ in honor of the month of the military child, so please have your child wear purple and join us in honoring our center’s military children; Annaliese Burke.
April 13th thru 17th – Week of the Young Child™ – this is an annual celebration sponsored by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). The purpose of the Week of the Young Child™ is to focus public attention on the needs of young children and their families and to recognize the early childhood programs and services that meet those needs. We will be creating a center-wide mural and Wednesday that week we will be hosting a concert by Judy Pancoast.
The walkathon will soon be here. This is another fun event for all of our families (dogs included). Deadline for registration is Friday April 10th, so don’t forget to complete the registration paperwork if you plan on joining us. We have some great new raffle prizes this year along with some old faithfuls. Raffle tickets go on sale April 20th. Stop by the center any afternoon to purchase tickets. Below are the prizes we have so far:
- $25 Gift Card to Jacques Flowers
- One-hour on-location Portrait Session, including an 11×14 wall portrait with portrait & wedding photographer Sharon T. Simpson
- 4 Tickets to the SEE Science Center
- 5 free games of bowling at Striker’s East, Raymond, NH
- 4 trail passes to Squam Lakes Natural Science Center
- 2 General Admissions to the McAuliffe-Shepherd Discovery Center Exhibit Galleries
- 1 Season Subscription to the Palace Theatre – Professional Theatre for Children 2015 Summer Series
- $35 Gift Certificate to The Butterfly Place.
- Deluxe birthday party for 10 at Roller Kingdom, (up to $150 value)
- Admission for 1 Adult and 2 Children at Lost River Gorge
- Three Free Passes to Cowabungas
- Boston Duck Tours – 2 tickets (valid April, May, Sept, Oct or Nov 2015)
- Two day passes with rental gear for Vertical Dreams
- One week free tuition for one child at Little Frogs & Polliwogs
- Tour & Winetasting with cheese platter for up to 20 people at Zorvino Vinyards, (a $250.00 value)
- $25 Dining Gift Certificate to T-Bones or Cactus Jacks
Dates for the Calendar
- Purple-up – April 15th Center-wide wear purple in support of Military Families
- Picture Day –Wednesday April 8th (retake day April 21st)
- Caviar Spring Stay & Play – Wednesday April 15th – Caviar invites all Caviar parents to join them for breakfast at 8.30am, followed by Circle time at 9:30am and the Judy Pancoast Concert at 10am. Enjoy the morning with your child – stay for as little or long as your schedule allows.
- Judy Pancoast Concert – April 15th – 10am
- Walkathon – Saturday May 2nd – Watch out for registration forms this week.
- Pizza Hut Fundraiser – Tentative date – May 6th
- The next Parent Teacher Advisory Board meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 29th at 5.35pm. We will be discussing final plans for the Walkathon along with our summer community project. New members are always welcome. Please feel free to come along and join us! Child care will be provided.
- Recital & Kindergarten Graduation – Recital for Nursery, Preschool and Kindergarten children along with our Kindergarten graduation ceremony will be either June 16th, 17th or 18th.
Hopefully we will start seeing some more consistent spring-like weather soon.
Little Frogs & Polliwogs