That groundhog was not on our side again this year. It seems like there is no end in sight with the continual snow storms. Catching a break from the shoveling seems a long way off, but we are looking forward to warmer days and by the time next month comes around we’ll be ready to spring those clocks forward!
You should all have received re-registration paperwork for your child to move up to their new classrooms for the next academic year. We will open for public registration on Feb 20th. To secure a place for your child ensure you have the registration in by the deadline.
Thank you to all of our student participants in January Museum Week! The re-launch was as exciting as we anticipated and we hope you enjoyed visiting the artwork as much as the children did. Don’t forget throughout the year your child will get a chance to have his or her artwork featured in the Museum Week, so watch for the email announcement each month listing the featured artists and stop by to take a look at their creations.
We will be celebrating Dr. Seuss’ birthday on Tuesday, March 3rd. So “grab your hat and read with the cat!”. We are inviting family members to come in and read a story to their child’s class that day. Please see the classroom teacher to arrange a time.
“You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read with a child.”
Representatives from the Dartmouth Preschool Study will be here again on Tuesday, February 17th with more information for parents. Stop by and speak with them about the possibility of participating in the study. They will be here from 3:30pm onwards.
Dates for the Calendar
- Presidents Day – Monday February 16th – CENTER CLOSED.
- Museum Week – February 23rd thru 27th ‘Heart Strings’
- Dr. Seuss Birthday Celebration – Tuesday March 3rd
- Picture Day – Tuesday April 7th and Wednesday April 8th (retake day April 21st)
- Walkathon – Is not scheduled yet and with all this snow we may have to push the date out a little this year. Stay tuned……we are hoping to decide on the date at our next PTAB meeting. The next Parent Teacher Advisory Board meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 25th at 5.35pm. New members are always welcome. Please feel free to come along and join us! Child care will be provided.
Happy Valentine’s Weekend!
Little Frogs & Polliwogs