May 2013 Newsletter
Finally May is bringing some warmer weather. This is the time of year that the children’s backpacks usually need some attention. All winter clothing should be back at home by now and, if you haven’t already, it is now time to bring in water bottles, sunscreen and bug spray. Please ensure each is clearly labeled with your child’s name. The summer curriculum will be released in the next few weeks and by then it’ll be time to have those towels and bathing suits at school as well. The older children at the center are hard at work practicing their numbers for the recital on June 11th.
Congratulations to Ava Kerouac (Kindergarten) and Wyatt Worcester (Preschool) who were joint winners in the walkathon pledge competition. Their families will both receive $50 towards tuition and the children each will get a $50 gift card for Toys R Us. Thank you to all who sponsored and supported this event. As a center we love the enrichment this event brings to our community. Look out for many of the PTAB sponsored events during summer curriculum that walkathon efforts are funding.
Quick Glance -Dates for the Calendar
- May 6th – 10th – Teacher appreciation week. Don’t forget to sign your messages to the teachers. Thanks to all who made lunch items for the teachers on May 9th……they all enjoyed it!
- May 14th – Preschool Field Trip to the Audubon Center
- May 15th – PTAB meeting 5.35pm – please join us. New members always welcome.
- May 16th – Kindergarten Field Trip to the McAuliffe Center
- May 22nd – Tadpole 1 Bake Sale – send your child in with 50c for a treat.
- May 27th – Memorial Day – Center Closed
- Tuesday, June 11th – Recital for Nursery, Preschool and Kindergarten children and Kindergarten graduation ceremony at The Jewish Federation School, 698 Beech Street, Manchester.
Leave a Comment