November 2012 – Newsletter
Thank-you to all who attended Classroom Open House and our Harvest Festival. With November here we start to think about Thanksgiving and the holidays ahead. November is Child Safety and Protection Month. As children grow and develop they need a varying degree of safety and protection. Keep this in mind as various gifts enter your household this year during the holidays. Particular things to watch for:
- ensure small pieces that could be a choking hazard
- ensure the children have safety equipment for bikes, skates and other sports
- be aware of cyber safety as your children mature into the cyber world
- ensure all kitchen and bathroom cabinets have safety catches on them
- make sure you use a car seat, booster seat or seat belt as age appropriate
These are just a few ideas to help you have a safe and happy season. Don’t forget to pack your child’s cold weather gear as we head into the winter months. Please ensure your child has mittens, hat, snow boots and warm outer wear all with your child’s name on them.
As we talk of warm clothes there are those less fortunate than ourselves and November kicks off our next community project. We will be doing a ‘Sock Drive’ collecting new socks for homeless adults as part of Manchester Continuum of Care, which is part of Helping Hands. If you plan on donating please have socks at the center by November, 30th. Our ‘Sock Drive’ box is located in the hallway.
The Giving Tree – kicks off right after Thanksgiving. If you were here last holiday season then you are familiar with our ‘Giving Tree’. Every year at this time The Parent Teacher Advisory Board will be aiming to help and support five needy families in Manchester. Starting on November 26th our holiday tree will be adorned with tags. Each tag will have the name of a homeless person and an item on their holiday wish list. Please help us to make this a true time of giving. Take a tag from our tree and purchase the item on the tag to donate to a homeless person. Kindergarten children will be helping us to wrap these gifts and it’ll help them appreciate what we have and how lucky we are. Please emphasize this as you shop with your children and ensure all your gifts are brought in by Friday December 6th.
Do you have family, cultural or religious celebrations or traditions you would like to share with us at the center? Please see Deb or the classroom teacher. We would love to have your personal input.
Dates for the Calendar
- School Picture Proofing – the deadline for choosing your child’s picture is November 1st.
- Wednesday, November 7th 5.35pm – Is our next Parent Teacher Advisory Board meeting. New members are always welcome, so please feel free to come along.
- Display My Art – This is a new fundraiser for us. Hopefully it will help solve some of your holiday gift giving dilemmas. Watch for an order form and your child’s free magnet coming this month.
- Monday, November 12th – the center is CLOSED for Veterans Day.
- Thursday & Friday November 22nd & 23rd – the center is CLOSED for Thanksgiving holiday.
- November 26th – 30th – Is November museum week and the theme is ‘Tissue Paper Art’. Please stop by and visit.
- Wednesday December 5th – Kindergarten Field Trip to Noel’s Tree Farm
- Thursday December 6th – Nursery Field Trip to Noel’s Tree Farm
- Wednesday December 12th – Preschool Field Trip to Noel’s Tree Farm.
Classrooms often have needs and this is great way to get their wishes out to you. If you can help out in any way please stop by the individual classrooms. Don’t know where they are? Pop in the office and we’ll point you in the right direction.
Caviar – is always in need of grocery bags. Currently they are looking for magazines, recyclable containers, jar lids, old cellphones/cameras, board books, mismatched Tupperware and dress-up hats.
As a reminder should the center be closed due to inclement weather anytime throughout the season the closing information will be available on WMUR News 9, on the radio at 95.7 FM WZID or on our website under News – Announcements. If you’ve never been to our website then add us to your favorites. Find us at www.littlefrogsandpolliwogs.com.
Leave a Comment