As you all well know our summer curriculum is in full swing with International week, the week of the Olympics and the Judy Pancoast concert still ahead of us. Throughout the month of August the children will be making visits to the classrooms that they are scheduled to enter in September. This helps the child become more accustomed to the new environment and aids in their transition from one room to another.
August is also our ‘Box Top Bonanza’ month. Watch out for your collection sheet in your child’s cubby. Attach your box tops to the collection sheet(s). The student who turns in the most box tops will receive a $10 gift card to Barnes & Noble. Last day for turn in is Aug 24 – winner will be announced Aug 30.
Museum day – This month’s museum week is ‘Sidewalk chalk Day’, so don’t forget to stop by to see the children’s artwork on August 13th.
We have some exciting events coming up, so please take a minute to mark your calendars
- Friday August 24th – Family Fun Night – watch out for more information – Save the date! Please join us from 6.00-7.30pm for a family evening of food, fun and festivities. The signup sheet will be up from August 1st onward in the office. We are limited to the first 40 families who sign up. Sign up early, so you don’t miss a spot.
- Friday August 31st – STAFF DEVELOPMENT DAY – The center will be CLOSED.
- Monday September 3rd – LABOR DAY – Center CLOSED.
- Tuesday September 4th – First day back to school.
- Classroom Open House – Classroom open houses will take place during September & early October, so watch the September newsletter for specific dates. This is a great time for you to get acquainted with your child’s schedule and touch base with their teachers.
The next Parent Teacher Advisory Board summer meeting will be held on Wednesday, August 8th at 5.35pm. We would love to welcome some new members. Please feel free to come along and join us if you are interested.