Newsletter – November 2011
Thank-you to all of you who came to our ‘Harvest Festival Family Event’, especially with Mother Nature bringing us early snow at the same time. Halloween costumes are certainly not made for cold weather. The Board would like to send a special thank-you out to Andria Prado for the many delicious cupcakes she made for the event. Thank-you, also, to all the teachers and other Board members who donated their time to make the event happen. All the children seemed to have a lot of fun. If your child had their picture taken at the event you can view the pictures at http://sharontsimpson.com/2011harvest . The password is available in the hard copy of the newsletter or via your child’s teacher. Digital downloads are available for $1 with all proceeds going to the PTAB fund. Pictures will be available to view online from 6pm Tuesday, November 1st onward.
November is National American Indian Heritage month and the children will be exploring Native American heritage, as we also at home start to prepare for Thanksgiving and the holiday season ahead. There are less fortunate than ourselves and as you are aware by now our first community project of the year is under way. Our ‘Sock Drive’ box is located in the hallway. We will be collecting new socks for homeless adults as part of Manchester Continuum of care, which is part of Helping Hands. If you plan on donating please have socks at the center by November, 10th.
During the first week of November we are planning on sending cards to our troops abroad. Each classroom plans on taking on a soldier. If you know of a military serving abroad that would appreciate a card or two throughout the year please speak to Deb as soon as possible.
Dates for the Calendar
- Center Closed –
- Veteran’s Day – Friday, November 11th
- Thanksgiving Holiday – Thursday, November 24th & Friday, November 25th
- Kindergarten Field Trip – Wednesday December 7th to Noel’s Tree Farm
- Nursery Field Trip – Wednesday December 14th to Noel’s Tree Farm
- Preschool Field Trip – Tuesday December 20th to Noel’s Tree Farm.
- Museum Week – The children’s artwork will be on display November 21st thru to the end of the month. The extended time is due to Thanksgiving. This month’s theme is ‘Turkey and Pie…..yum! Please stop by and take a look.
Look out for the next newsletter in December – online, in your inbox and on the information board.
Members of the LF&P Parent Teacher Advisory Board
Leave a Comment