August is always a time of transition at Little Frogs. Although we are fully immersed in our summer curriculum and our garden tires are planted and growing like crazy, as the children tend to them with care, there is change ahead. Throughout the month of August the children will be making visits to the classrooms that they are scheduled to enter in September. This helps the child become more accustomed to the new environment, so aids in their transition from one room to another.
Of course the fun still continues throughout the summer and we would like to take this opportunity to remind you of our McDonny’s Traveling Farm field trip! There will be pony rides and a petting farm with ducks, chickens, rabbits and goats. Although the farm is coming to us we still require parents to sign a permission slip and bring the $3 fee.
Museum week – This month’s museum week is a collection of sculptures created by each classroom. The children’s artwork will be on display August 22nd – 26th. Please stop by and take a look!
Dates for the Calendar
- Family Fun Night – Friday, August 19th – Save the date! Please join us from 6.00-7.30pm for a family evening of food, fun and festivities. The signup sheet will be up from August 1st onward in the office. We are limited to the first 40 families who sign up. Sign up early, so you don’t miss a spot. Please plan on bringing your own picnic. We will have lemonade and ice tea for all. There will be a bounce house, a cake walk (please bring a cake to participate) and lots of family fun games and activities.
- Friday, September 2nd – Center closed for staff development day.
- Monday, September 5th – Center closed in observance of Labor Day.
- Tuesday, September 6th – First day of the new academic year.
- Classroom Open House – Classroom open houses will be during September, so watch the September newsletter for specific dates. This is a great time for you to get acquainted with your child’s schedule and touch base with their teachers.
The next Parent Teacher Advisory Board meetings will be held on Wednesday, August 24th at 5.40pm. There will be no meeting in September. The first meeting for the new academic year will be Wednesday, October 5th. We are always welcoming new members throughout the year. Please feel free to come along and join us if you are interested. You are more than welcome to bring your children (no babysitter required!)
Look out for the next newsletter in September. If you would like to receive future newsletters via email you can do this by emailing Sharon at email@example.com and put ‘LFP newsletter subscribe’ in the subject line.
Enjoy the rest of your summer! Many Thanks,Members of the LF&P Parent Teacher Advisory Board